Okay. I know I said I’d write a review of Lonesome Dove today, but this has really been pestering me for awhile.
I give you this untidy pile of Things I Miss*:
- Grey days that are not pouring rain
- A non-static-electricity-charged dog
- A non-bad-hair-day dog
- Our concierges (always someone to say hello to!)
- The folks in the park across the street with their dogs
- The sound of school letting out across the other street
- Walking to the grocery store to pick something up
- Jim’s 6-mile commute to work on bike
- Seeing people read on mass transit
- Mass transit itself
- Kathlyn and Payson from down the hall, always good for a stroll and puppytime
- The Hudson River
- Big, world-class arts institutions twenty minutes’ away by train
- Little world-class arts institutions five minutes by car or half an hour by hilly bike ride**
- Great fashion and personal style, RIGHT THERE ON THE STREET!
- The lack of need for sunglasses (c.f. rainy days, above)
- Being only 4 or 5 hours behind my friends in the UK, as opposed to a FULL FREAKING DAY OMG.
- Related: Knowing they’re only a direct flight of 5 hours away, as opposed to FULL FREAKING DAY ETC.
*This list does not include obvious things, like people I went out with all the time and miss horribly.
**This may not be something I need to miss. I need to check out my alma mater’s art offerings, and that’s downhill all the way there by two miles and uphill back.