Stuff I read, saw, or encountered over the last week:
- This pretty important, and revealing, post from author Wendy J. Fox on how many books she’s actually sold. (h/t Jen Dawn Brody)
- These great photos from Ellis Island, ca 1900, digitized for the first time:
- Bruce Lee’s personal manifesto (click the photo to read):
- A fascinating story of what might have been, from Robert Kerbeck. It involves O.J. Simpson and an exercise tape.
- My friend Josh is crewing for this guy as he runs across the country in 49 days. This is pretty bad-ass.
- “Wist” is not a word. It should be, because sometimes you are wistful, and what is that if not full of wist???
- Cool name of the week: “Drinkwater.” But not cooler than some of the names we encountered in Malawi:
- Precious Bicycle
- Lovemore Jones
- Fanny Friday
- Just Now Kolosi
- Book I read this week: Jo Nesbo’s _The Snowman_. It was effing exhausting and I don’t need to read another Harry Hole novel anytime soon. (I’ve read two so far.)
- Finally, today is the Iowa Caucus. Every election year I have to hunt down an article like this so I can re-educate myself on what the hell that means. Gah.
- Okay, fine, let’s end on a better note. Here’s a brick in a washing machine on a trampoline. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=779fMc8ubOo